Friday, April 24, 2009

How to Toilet Train a Cat

So I was watching a friend’s cat a few weeks ago. He was a sweet enough cat but he was really getting on my nerves. He would knock over glasses, scratch my feet with his claws, and tried to jump out a 10 story window. The thing that annoyed me most about this feline was his litter box. This is why I couldn’t have a cat. The concept of the litter box is pretty nasty. Every time he jumped up on my counter or my lap or couch or anything, all I could think of were his paws digging around in a box of litter. I cleaned it every day, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s pretty nasty.

Well apparently there is a solution, right out of Meet the Parents, with what seems like an incredible amount of effort you can train your cat to use the toilet. Problem solved, right? I’m not so sure. The more I think about this one the more I am torn. Would I rather have little bits of litter everywhere and dirty paws touching everything in my house or have the pleasure of random cat turds floating in my toilet. How embarrassing would it be if you had a date over and they asked to use the restroom? So, until they figure out to teach the cat how to flush too, I’m probably going to hold off on cat ownership.

1 comment: