Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Better Kite?


So spring is upon us and we are entering prime kite flying season. I am not an expert acrobat kite flyer, but I do get fairly competitive about how high I can fly a kite. I also hate launching a kite. You know the routine.
“Keep running. Faster, wait no let me try running away from you.” This same script is repeated a thousand times.

Well I think I may have developed a solution to running around trying to launch a kite, and created a shortcut to instant altitude. I call it the RAK or rocket assisted kite. I will keep you updated on its progress. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Hopefully, it will be ready for Easter.






2 comments:

  1. Crumplstein if this isn't out by march your ass is on the line! I already have orders in the tens of thousands from the germans. Let me know once production starts.

    H.R. Puffington IV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has nothing come of this? I am doing the same thing. I envision a tractor rocket (like the escape rocket that lifted the apollo crew capsule to safety in case emergency) whose report or end of line, causes the kite to deploy into its airfoil shape, releasing the booster tio slide down the line.

    ReplyDelete